Wednesday, December 20, 2006

False start! Once more and you're disqualified

Statement of Purpose:

Science is more interesting as a story, as a mystery novel. I wanted to discover the story behind why bugs are attracted to light, and I loved learning that certain birds migrate using the earth’s magnetic field as a map. I pictured myself as a romantic character, a young explorer who would one day discover the unifying secret behind evolution, nature, and genetics. Unfortunately, even the best stories can get muddled, and I foundered upon the shores of organic chemistry. Fucking o-chem! You have single-handedly kept me from discovering the cures for cancer and global warming. The world will curse you as it dies of asphyxiation in the coming years. You and gen chem…and biochem…and genetics – all of you can go fuck yourselves!

But I'd make a really really great journalist. Please admit me. One please.

1 Comments:

Blogger andrew said...

Interesting note: my statement of purpose was much, MUCH worse than that, and I still got in. Just thought I would bring that up.

12/22/2006 3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home