Friday, June 03, 2005

Year 25 - an update

Is it possible to have an old-life crisis? Looking at my reflection through my brand new set of glasses (necessary to correct a "pretty serious" stigmatism), I saw well enough to pick out the long white hair resting on top of my head. The little guy didn't even have the strength to stay in my scalp; he was just lying there on top of his bushy, peppered bed gasping his last. I had a Jamba Juice for lunch and am now worrying about the irregularity it always inspires in me. Tonight I feel like going to the ballgame and shaking my fist at the young pitchers upon whom fortune has smiled while she has only given me a disinterested sniff. I'd better go home and take some vitamins so my immune system won't be compromised by overpriced, generic beer.


And now, the happy version...


Ah, life in San Diego is very fine. I picked up my new glasses today, and I must say that I look pretty sweeeeeet. Also, these things are catching all sorts of colors that I've been missing for years. When I examined a white hair that I found while gazing upon my beauty, I saw that it wasn't really white but more like the milky color found in aging ivory. I had Jamba Juice for lunch - Mmmm yummy! I'm all set with my vitamin C thanks to that Mango-A-Go-Go. Tonight, my sister and Kevin are coming down to spend a couple days with us revelling in the born-again Cubs. I'm gonna eat some hotdogs and drink some beer tonight!


And finally, the too happy version...


BEER!!! CUBS!!! GLASSES!!! JUUUUUUUIIIICCE!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it may not be much consolation but i have a friend who is 19 and already has huge groupings of white hair. i also have a friend of the same age who is balding....just be thankful my sister likes old guys (ask her about sean connery if you dont already know)

6/03/2005 8:47 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

add me to your blog buddies list

6/04/2005 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home