Thursday, December 15, 2005

Stolen brainteaser

I like brainteasers. That doesn't really mean that I'm good at them; I just like them. Thus, I was happy to discover that Cartalk, that lovely car-advice show on public radio, has archives of all the weekly brainteasers they give on the air. Here's one that I didn't get but that I think Neil or Rj will enjoy. Actually, only Neil will probably appreciate it. Rj's too impatient.

Cartalk Puzzler

I added Connie to my list of Reservoir Blogs, because she has a damn funny one, and I'm tired of having to click through multiple links just to read it.

Oh, I should probably post the answer link to the puzzler. I won't make you wait a week like they do.

Puzzler Answer

Let's see...what else is new? I got to run one of the shows at my internship at World Talk Radio this week. If you go to the website (www.worldtalkradio.com) and search for Monday's Dave DePew's Fitness and Nutrition Hour, you can hear all the mistakes I made. You can also learn about protein supplements from three humongous guys.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like they say, if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't. Just by virtue of this, I don't think I would have done it - but that's not the right answer.

The correct one is pretty clever, though the question is not really a brainteaser. It was more of a story to talk about a brilliant scam.

It would be interesting to know if there is a law against it, but again, it would be too good to be true if there wasn't.

12/16/2005 8:25 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

yo yo.

There are actually people out there doing this.

it is a real scam.

12/16/2005 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it legal, counselor?

12/16/2005 8:33 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

If you are dumb enough to send someone you don't know ANY money, let alone large amounts of money, it isn't a scam it is you getting your just desserts.

12/16/2005 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jed nailed it on the head, i've clicked the link twice now to see what it was about and got too impatient waiting for it to load to ever see it. i think my computer just sucks.

12/16/2005 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home