Thursday, July 20, 2006

"Random," thought Thursday.

#1
With the significant other not around, my acceptable-television standards have taken a break. Tonight, I watched a show on public access. I sat mesmerized by a train wreck of an amateur sketch comedy show, unable to rouse myself enough even to make fun of it let alone change the channel. And as I stared I realized, "That's me if I ever try."

#2
I finally got to check out the movie links that are on Bill's blog. When the movie loaded, I saw that it was going to be about Pasha, and I was a little thrilled - "Hey! I know that guy!"

#3
When the movie started playing, my speakers were off, and I couldn't hear the action, but that was okay, because as soon as it began, and he started bucking on that mechanical bull, my head was filled with his voice repeating an answering machine message of long ago, over and over again - "Wiiiilliam, it's Pasha..."

#4
Try it. You'll like it.

#5
I watched Grandma's Boy a week ago.

#6
Three days ago, I realized that one of the characters from it was the "Barq's has bite!" kid.

#7
Today, I realized that same guy was a commedian we once saw and liked on a Comedy Central special. "Nicholas! You're so strong, you should fight crime!"

#8
Then, I realized that the kid from the "Barq's has bite!" campaign was the same person as the commedian.

#9
It totally blew my mind.

#10
I'm totally gonna go watch Lady in the Water, because I want to know what that lady is screaming when Paul Giamatti carries her off. I doubt that it'll be any more intelligible, but I'm hoping context will help clear things up.

#11
#8 uses all the letters of the alphabet.











#12
Sucker.

#13
JVXUWY

#14
G'night

2 Comments:

Blogger Black Licorice said...

F*ck. I totally fell for number #11. I don't want to even admit how long I spent try to see if it's true.

7/21/2006 10:46 AM  
Blogger RJW said...

having been a bit behind i read it backwards and still didn't realize you were lying to me until i read this comment.

7/21/2006 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home