Monday, June 20, 2005

Batman Begins Review - SPOILERS!!!

If you haven't seen the movie yet, maybe you should reconsider reading this post. However, I feel that my judgements of the movie are generally helpful and could aid in your enjoyment of the movie.

I have just a couple of things to discuss concerning Batman Begins. First of all:

Why did they decide to let Bruce Wayne's parents live?
Batman just doesn't have the same impact if he's living at home with his parents. And what reason does he have to fight crime in the first place? That whole "Gotham needs you, son" schtick was too cheesey. Too much Uncle Ben and not enough dying.


Since when is the Joker a chick?
This just blows my mind! I'm not saying that women aren't convincing as nemeses and supervillains; Halle Berry was the ultimate incarnation of evil as Catwoman. It's just that the Joker works best as a male character. He's a twisted version of Batman, not an opposite. I don't know. Maybe I'll change my mind after she puts on the Joker makeup.


And finally...

Wasn't Katie Holmes's character so nice and refreshing?
Maybe a little too cheerful and spunky. I kinda wish they had portrayed her as more of an annoying, preachy, bitchy type. Oh well. With her overflowing Joie de Vivre it's easy to see how she can make Tom Cruise so crazy with love.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

it would have been nicer if we got to see katie holmes partially nude

6/27/2005 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home