Sunday, June 12, 2005

Jesus Christ

I deleted a post. It went something like this:
I'm pretty drunk right now. Jealous?

This was what I wrote after an unfortunate (what could have befuddled me?) back click on my browser deleted my previous longer and more entertaining (I think) post. Not wanting to try again (just wanting to sleep), I left a shorter, lamer post. The next day, I saw what I wrote and decided that it was crap and deleted it. This is my blog and I can do whatever I want with it. Just because I write something and publish it doesn't mean that it's going to stay that way. Do you realize how many times I republish my posts before I'm satisfied with them? Probably not, because no one is more obsessive over my blog than I. Besides, I don't mean for this blog to be a step-by-step account of what is happening in my life. I think that with my boring life that would make for a horrible blog. Otherwise I'd have already written that when I use the bathroom at work I usually use the women's so that my trumpeting farts thoroughly confuse and disgust the timid, gay lab tech who works next door. Or that at say 6:09 pm this evening, I happened across a magical pixie who offered to make me tall, handsome and successful and who I promptly fed piece-by-piece to the neighbor's scary cat. My life just isn't that interesting. Or so I thought...

After deleting that post, I have received literally thousands of messages from people calling foul on my actions. I stand by my previous assertion that this is my forum and I make the decisions around here. Also, not being able to afford legal representation and being too lazy to issue retractions, I'd rather just selectively edit here and there.

However, as a display of my benevolence, I will now re-edit my aforementioned post to make it more palatable to me and maybe others:

I'm pretty drunk right now. Jealous, bitches?

Muuuuch better!


To those readers paying close attention, yes, I did delete some comments from even this entry. I just felt it was probably unwise to voice my support for the wifebeating sect of the white supremacist movement so early in my political career.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give us hell, Jed.

6/13/2005 7:36 AM  
Blogger Skim said...

Damn right!

6/13/2005 10:38 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

jed you need to find a blog written by a mary... i see the peter and paul, but sarah just doesn't quite fit.

6/13/2005 8:12 PM  
Blogger Skim said...

Yeah, I know. I've actually thought about trying to convince various Mary's I've met to write blogs. Here's hoping...

6/14/2005 12:01 AM  
Blogger RJW said...

what's bridget up to?

6/14/2005 6:03 PM  
Blogger Skim said...

Who is Bridget? Is this some joke I just don't get?

6/14/2005 7:20 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Mary Bridget, soon to be Mary Bridget Lucia Gurry-Burns

6/14/2005 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home