Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Ow Chi Hua Hua

I've been spending my mornings at the UCSD neon workshop fine tuning my glass-manipulation skills. For those who don't know, I signed up for an eight week course which promises a working piece by the class's end. Since I only work part-time, I've been going in to do neon work on my own -- and with great results: my technique is quickly becoming deadly and may one day be the stuff of legends. However, today I've reached my first major setback: I've burnt the hell out of my thumb and forefinger gripping a red-hot glass tube. Now I'm sitting in my office with my digits embedded within a paper towel filled with laboratory ice, which I now realize looks like a poor-cannibal's snow cone. MMM...Fester-flavored! At least now I'm finally getting in some good practice on my one-handed typing skills. They are quickly approaching ninja status. Soon they will be the stuff of legends.

Don't tell my mom. She called me yesterday and warned me to be careful, to which I replied, "Don't worry -- I'm not stupid." Actually, this is probably all her fault.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home