Saturday, April 15, 2006

Only Nappy When It Rains

Everyone complains when it rains in San Diego. Either they bitch about the traffic, or the landslides, or simply, the fact that it's raining. Since I grew up in the rainy Midwest, I'd normally dismiss their whining as silly, but I do have one complaint of my own. You know that fresh smell that fills the air when it starts raining? Well, that happens here too; only, the smell is magnified by about a thousand percent. And that's a bit too fresh for me.

What's it smell like? Get one thousand of your closest friends and neighbors, and take all their dryer sheets. Have them help you stuff every corner of your house with the sheets. Be creative! Remember: most walls are hollow behind the drywall! Oh, and it doesn't matter if they're different scents -- in fact, the more the better. Then, as you're lying in your cocoon of enveloping freshness, get everyone to vomit all over the place. And there it is.

Usually, the smell goes away after a couple minutes of heavy rain. Sometimes though, it just drizzles forever, and I have to endure stenchy world all day.

I don't know why it smells like this here, but I've learned not to miss changes in the weather. San Diego: Enjoy the Sunshine! or else...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home