Sunday, January 22, 2006

Back at church early on a Sunday morning

Well, not really. Instead, I get up at ass-early on Sunday mornings to go into the WorldTalkRadio station to produce some shows. I like the first one -- it's all about horse racing. I like to imagine that I'll learn enough about horses to bet well at the track. The second one is not quite my cup of tea -- dating advice for men. At least it gets tons of callers, and I keep pretty busy throughout the whole thing.

This last show, though...this is a special hell reserved only for me. It's a husband and wife duo who talk about spiritual matters. Specifically, God's views on the current state of the nation. She receives messages from God and relates them to their listeners. Most of the time, God is pissed off at Bush. The husband looks like Bill Murray and sounds like someone else I recognize but can't place. He hypnotizes his audience in the third segment. Right now, he's breathing too heavily into the microphone. They're kinda new to the whole radio thing, so I cut them some slack. Or at least I would, except that I have to listen to this with way too little sleep. I think this is God's revenge on me for not attending church and tithing anymore.

They've started singing along with the closing music when they end their shows.

I hate Sundays.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think about it this way, you spend your Sundays hanging out with Our new prophet. That gives you a free pass into heaven.

1/22/2006 2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please take detailed notes on these people and report to me the next time we meet

1/26/2006 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home