Friday, April 07, 2006

New winner

Pete is this week's winner, because I liked his post on experiencing the receiving end of evangelism. I must say that no one's ever asked me that particularly awful question, and I am proud to say that I've never asked that question of anyone other than impressionable children. Oh God. Sonshine clubs. My greatest regret. Someday I'll explain, but for now just know that I'm going to hell -- the special hell peopled by fervant Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Gideons, all who will knock on my door in rapid succession asking me for a little bit of my time, all looking pityingly at me as I mutter some lie about being busy. Maybe I'll meet Jack Chick there. If I do, I'm gonna kick him square in the sack.

Speaking of past memories, every time I hear Saddam Hussein mentioned, I'm reminded of Mr. B, a teacher at good old Emmanuel. This was shortly after the Persian Gulf War, and Mr. B repeatedly (and brilliantly, I might add) evidenced his dislike of Hussein by refusing to call him Saddam. Instead, he referred to him as Sadat Hussein. "...But we shot down all of SADAT Hussein's scuds with our patriots. Every time he did it, I'd always think to myself, "Oooh, you really showed him that time, Mr. B." Unfortunately, this man was (among several other roles) our World History teacher, and I'm sure some of my former classmates still confuse Saddam and Anwar and their historical significance today. Also unfortunate is that Mr. B's sneering face pops into my head each time Hussein's trial is mentioned.

Sigh...the morons have already won.

8 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

yeah!

Also, thanks for calling me Pete. I know that I've said that I prefer Peter,and I do, but I realized something: I like my friends to call me Pete.

I don't remember Mr. B referring to Saddam that way; I only remember him telling me about Jared Hitts.

4/07/2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger RJW said...

at least he didn't call him sagat because then i would have been forever confusing the president of iraq with the guy from street fighter with the tiger uppercut.

4/07/2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger Skim said...

Damnit, I laughed at that.

4/07/2006 11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been 15 minutes, and I'm still laughing at that.

4/08/2006 7:10 PM  
Blogger curious m said...

I'm so glad that that girl arrived just in time to stop her friends from saying the magic words that make them Muslim and doom them to Hell.

She's my fucking hero.

4/09/2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger curious m said...

Also, you've inspired me: If Heaven and Hell do exist, I hope Heaven is where they line up all of the people from Hell so that you can kick them in the nuts. Is that wrong? Like, how wrong? Does this mean I'm going to Hell instead?

4/10/2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger Skim said...

Stop calling attention to your nuts.

4/10/2006 3:42 PM  
Blogger BronxBarbie said...

JW's don't believe in a burning hell - they believe its the grave with non-activity. That's where different from the others you mentioned (Amongst other things). It's like your sleeping dude... er... permanently..... accordig to the original Hebrew and Greek meanings of the words used.

You won't sleep too long if you're resurrected ;^D! And they can't tell ya you won't be!!!!

Holla back if ya wish at http://thejscene.blogspot.com

4/10/2006 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home